Get 25% off the Oxford Handbook for Nursing Series - Go to the OUP website now!
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > General Nursing Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Care Service for Dementia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trueblueangel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Care Service for Dementia
    Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 16:46
I'm wondering if there any CPNs or RMNs working in the community in dementia care who wouldn't mind contacting me. I'm a RMN having always worked in dementia in care homes. I have the opportunity of an interview with the NHS in our local Intermediate Care Service for Dementia next week. It would be good to talk through it with someone. My worry is I have no community experience and this concerns me, although my passion for dementia care is paramount.
Would be grateful for any advice, especially as I have to give a presentation...eek!
The subject is: What are the challenges that you expect as a Clinical Team Leader and how would you overcome them?"
I'm actually thinking the biggest challenge is ME! it would be quite a transition and challenge to move out into the community. Any advice, I'd be grateful for.
Many thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic