Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Nursing Humour
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English doctor visits Scottish hospital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote en2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English doctor visits Scottish hospital
    Posted: 29 Dec 2007 at 05:57
An English doctor is being shown around a Scottish hospital. At the end of his visit, he is shown into a ward with a number of patients who show no obvious signs of injury. He goes to examine the first patient he sees, and the man proclaims:

"Fair fa' yer honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o' the puddin' race!"

The English doctor, somewhat taken aback, goes to the next patient, and immediately the patient launches into:

"Some hae meat and canna eat, And some wad eat that want it."

This continues with the next patient:

"Wee sleekit cow'rin tim'rous beastie, O what a panic's in thy breastie!"

"Well," the English doctor mutters to his Scottish colleague, "I see you saved the psychiatric ward for the last."

"Oh no," the Scottish doctor corrected him, "this is the serious Burns unit."   LOL
janeanne1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeanne1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 06:21
just wondered if this was to be continued?
Coffin Dodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coffin Dodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 10:56
If you mean whether the English doctor visits Scottish hospital joke has any more to it, and will be continued, I don't think so, as far as I know that is all there is to that joke.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic