Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Nursing Humour
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

False Teeth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosiecheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: False Teeth
    Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 22:07
Before I qualified I was a HCA. On this particular day I was asked to take a patient to ENT clinic. I hadnt had chance to clap eyes on this patient when asked and before I knew it the porter arrived. In his consultation the Consultant looked in his mouth, I was so ashamed, his mouth was disgusting and I hoped the Consultant didnt think ill of me. On arrival back to the ward I made it my duty to get his mouth and false teeth clean. The teeth went in bleach then scrubbed, this was repeated until they were whitish then rinsed with boiling water. Having already cleaned his mouth I gave him his new sparkling teeth which he was very appreciative of, and I was very pleased with my efforts. He promptly dropped dead that night. I was reassured it was nothing to do with my teeth cleaning efforts, but it has been a source of humour ever since.Star
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic