Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Career Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Returning to practice after 15 months

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sillystitch70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Returning to practice after 15 months
    Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 21:24
Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me. I came out of nursing in February 2017 and voluntarily removed myself in may when my pin lapsed. I spoke to the NMC several times about returning and if I needed to do a return to nursing course. I was told no as I had exceeded the 450 practice hours and the 35 cpd hours required. I also checked with the local universities. I completed my application form with the NMC and paid the pin fee of £120. I got the 3 references they asked for and have now rejected my application saying I have not given enough information on my cpd hours and I have practised with no pin???? Hence they want another reference from an emplyer to see when my last shift was. I said it must have been a typo but they said they have to check which is fair enough. The problem I am having is what to put on the cpd description as they are saying not enough info. Iv put the courses what they were about the time and length of the course what I did and how it impacted on my nursing practice. Apparently this isnt enough. I have emailed several times to the nmc and all I get is they need more info.
I am at my witts end with this and am
Worried I am not going to get it back . My current job ends the 3rd august and I have apploed for nursing jobs pending my pin. The jobs are all suitable for newley qualified as I thought as I had been out a while I would need more support. Even spoke to the ward managers.
I am worried the NMC are going to keep rejecting my CPD hours as I do not know what else to put. It is uploaded onto my nmc login so I cannot show what I have put. Can anyone offer any advice please? Thanku
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 16:22
Hi SillyStitch70,

For the benefit of other readers of this post we have communicated via Messenger. I'm glad that the NMC was able to clarify the issues that you had that were causing your application to be rejected. I think anyone who has undertaken their revalidation for the first time can appreciate that it can feel like a leap into the unknown.

If you have any further questions, please come back.

Kind regards,

Nigel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic