Get 25% off the Oxford Handbook for Nursing Series - Go to the OUP website now!
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Working in a Different Country
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - UK Nurses In Australia Enrolled or Registered??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Nurses In Australia Enrolled or Registered??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becks123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK Nurses In Australia Enrolled or Registered??
    Posted: 25 May 2010 at 15:15
Im a Childrens nurse working in the UK at the moment, im seriously looking into the 6 month working holidays in Australia, NSW but i am really confused about enrolled nurses and Registered nurses. I have the DipHe not degree but i still did 3 years of training at university not just a years training like the Auzzie enrolled nurses so im really confused as to what level i would be at. I would be really grateful if anyone has moved to Oz from the Uk could get in touch just to let me know what the whole process was like and how much experience was needed, i currently have 1 year. Thanks guys, all info very very welcome! xSmile 
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 23:01
Hi Becks123,

If you go to the Nursing Agencies List website you can find an Australian Nursing Visa enquiry form for Dimity Jones of Inspired Options an Australian Migration consultant. See should be able to clarify things for you.

Good luck,

Nigel Cool

Edited by JFN Admin - 31 May 2010 at 23:02
EAdvancedHealthcare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAdvancedHealthcare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 02:32
OK I moved to Aus from the UK 8 years ago.

Dip.He.... Diploma in Higher Ed. Is that right? Do you have EN experience in the UK Or are you a staff nurse?

I just found a hospital I wanted to work in and called them up. They asked for a CV and VISA entitlements. I then did a phone interview and then got the job easily.

A registered nurse is a staff nurse or that equivalent.

Does this answer your questions.
Jamie
E Advanced Healthcare
http://www.eadvancedhealthcare.com
lauren40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauren40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 08:56
If you go to nursingcourses.net.au you'll find more information on becoming and being an Enrolled Nurse

[Edited by JFN Admin]
Please note that I have added the correct website address in text format. This is of no obvious value to anyone from the UK as a 4-year degree has been the minimum required qualification to gain a work permit in Nursing for Australia for some time now.

The website in question doesn't actually give any information which is relevant to overseas students.

Edited by JFN Admin - 19 Oct 2017 at 17:12
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic