Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
730 [17.52%]
747 [17.93%]
430 [10.32%]
474 [11.38%]
1786 [42.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nurse Whistle Blowers - Secret Filming
    Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 01:21
Is it ever acceptable for a Registered Nurse to secretly film their workplace to highlight issues that have not been resolved through normal channels?

Margaret Haywood did just that for a Panorama programme in 2005. She has just been struck off the register. The RCN would like to appeal against the NMC's decision but would like to be able to quote public support.

If you feel the secret filming was an acceptable course of action in the circumstances, albeit disturbing, the RCN would like you to sign their petition in the next couple of weeks click here.

Edited by JFN Admin - 31 May 2010 at 21:54
Alba58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alba58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 22:53
Eh , sorry but doesn't this read a bit confusing? At first I thought you were suggesting that the RCN were petitioning that Ms Haywood being struck off was acceptable!
For the recrd, I think it is totally UNacceptable that she has been struck off!!!! She would have deserved being struck off if she HADN"T done something!!!!!
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 23:13
Hi Alba58,

I've reworded it now - hopefully it makes more sense. I really shouldn't do any editing so late in the day!!EmbarrassedShocked

Thanks for pointing it out!Clap
Alba58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alba58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 23:02
lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic