Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > External Nursing Surveys
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Survey: Impact of Design of hospitals on nurses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Survey: Impact of Design of hospitals on nurses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survey: Impact of Design of hospitals on nurses
    Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 17:51
Hi,

I'm currently writing my dissertation on the building performance evaluation of healthcare buildings in the NHS and would really appreciate if any nurses could please fill in my online survey, it shouldn't take too long (:

https://selectsurveys.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=8431895

Lou
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 17:53
I'd just like to add that this piece of work could really help in the framework of the design of future hospitals, and improvement of existing hospitals; particularly in regards with allowing nurses/staff to work more comfortably, optimising how well staff perform, as well as, minimising patient stress and therefore recovery times.

Comments would be super useful, even though I know it takes a little bit more time than just the selecting options.
JFN Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JFN Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 18:03
[This post has been moved from the "General Nursing Discussions" Forum and as a result I may not be able to attribute it to LambyLou the original author: Nigel]

Feedback I had intended to offer was that the questionnaire was too dense in its structure. If you were looking for expansive replies you would have possibly been better off to have had one question per page with the format:
  • Question
  • Answer
  • Answer Explanation

Also a number of the questions were created as a single question when they should have been multiple questions i.e. Scale/Proportions (room to work, distance between patients/depts. etc.)
This would have been better split into three separate questions
  • Local environment - around the bed area
  • Ward environment - i.e. layout features etc.
  • Hospital environment - i.e. how the ward related to the units that provided services required by patients.

I hope this helps....

Nigel
LambyLou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LambyLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 19:52
Thank you Nigel, sorry I didn't realise where I should have posted this.

Your feedback is much appreciated and certainly very helpful. I will definitely take this on board when I evaluate my survey and if I do any other surveys.

Lou

Edited by LambyLou - 16 Apr 2012 at 19:54
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic