Nursing Agencies List - The No.1 Online Directory for Nursing Agencies
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Working in a Different Country
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

transferring to USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vermonta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: transferring to USA
    Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 13:43

hi im new to forum  

My husband and i are hoping to Move to the USA, I am an american citizen but my husband will need to obtain a spouse visa.I have trained as a nurse in th uk with a BSC degree in adult nursing. Im just trying to find out how to go about staring the application process as i undersatnd it will take a long time. I have found out some information that i will need to sit some exams sit a CGFNS exam and also a NCLEX-RN exam. Im also aware that guidleines vary from state to state, we're hoping to return to New England prefearbly Vermont, Maine or New hampshire. Im finding out all sorts of information but some of it seems to be contradictory. Im hoping it will be a little more staright forward for me as I am a citizen but im just trying to find a webbsite that will give definitive answers. Has anyone already done this or do they have experience ? Has anyone sat the exams? How difficult are they ? How much will it cost to sit the exams ? Sorry lots of questions.

I would really like to get this process started as im not going to delude myself into thinking it will happen over night.

Can anyone offer me any advice or point me in the right direction?

Ive tried other websites/forums with no help to date

many thanks

garsideamy12 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsideamy12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 04:49
I think in the US only the BSN and the ADN degrees are qualified to take the NCLEX-RN exam. try to ask if they credit your previous education.. 
if you have friends who have already transferred, they would be very helpful. but let's just wait maybe there are more help coming..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic