Inspired Options are actively seeking UK Nurses with existing Australian Nursing Board registration
Forum Home [JFN Home] Forum Home > Open Nursing Forums > Student Nursing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what does GND and PMD stand for?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samb123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what does GND and PMD stand for?
    Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 11:16
Hi I want to apply for the mental health nursing PgDip course and Kingston University provides you with the qualification of 2FT PMD PgDip whereas Kings University provides you with 2FT GDN PgDip.

What does PMD and GDN stand for and whats the difference? 

Thanks in advance for your help!
admissionsatkcl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admissionsatkcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 10:49
Hi Sam,

My name is Abbi and I work in admissions for Nursing and Midwifery at King's College London.
'GDN' stands for Graduate Diploma in Nursing. Our two year full time course is a postgraduate diploma in nursing with registration, and is for individuals who have already studied a degree achieving a 2:2 or above, and have 4 months' full time/575 hours experience in healthcare.
For full details about the course, please see our prospectus pages:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/graduate/index/name/nursing-with-registration-graduate-entry/alpha/N/header_search/

I cannot speak for Kingston University, but I believe that 'PMD' refers to a Post-Masters Diploma. You would need to contact Kingston University directly for clarification on this.

I hope this information helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic